Anonymous: your handwriting is *bold* AMAZING
Thank you so much, darling! I’m glad you guys like it :) I will try to do another handwritten texture pack as soon as possible.
did you actually write the handwritten textures?
Yes; that’s why they’re handwritten :)
Anonymous: i'm not sure how to explain this well but i downloaded adobe photoshop cs6 free trial on my mac and it's actually working out great and i'm able to make great edits but the thing is i can't open any of them whenever i go on tumblr. is there any way you can help me?
I’m not certain, dear, since I don’t know a thing about CS6, but did you make sure you are saving them in the right format? If you leave them as .psd it won’t open as an image on tumblr, you need to save them as .jpg or .png, but I’m sure you know this, so I’m really sorry, but I don’t have a clue what can fix your problem.
This is a mixed handwritten texture pack made entirely from requests I’ve gotten - 27 handwritten textures of singers names (Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, etc), One Direction & other lyrics, The Mortal Instruments quotes
- please like/reblog if taking - feedback is always appreciated
- download: [here] - let me know if there are problems with the link
- for requests visit my [ask box]
Anonymous: do you have handwritten signature textures of different artists (e.g justin bieber,demi lovato,miley cyrus, selena gomez etc)
I’m not exactly certain what a signature texture is: is it just the name of the artists handwritten or a texture of their signature? (in both cases, I don’t have anything similar, but I could add handwritten artists’ names to my next texture pack if you want)
Anonymous: hi! can i change a ready handwritten text to my own text?
I don’t think so, if I’m understanding your question properly..
Anonymous: can you please do handwritten textures on the song "ashtrays and headtbreaks" by snoop lion ft. miley? thanks xoxo
sure! I’ll do a mixed handwritten pack with all my requests; I hope to get it up this weekend but I can’t promise anything.
For those of us, who are unfortunate enough to not have a scanner
(or are too lazy to drag their asses to the uni/school library and scan stuff there)
- Write your quote/lyric/etc on a white paper and photograph it. I recommend doing it near a window, while there is still natural light, because it will make the next steps easier. You don’t have to have a pro camera - I use a simple Sony digital one and it does the trick perfectly. I did this in the middle of the night, so naturally I had a lot more work to do afterwards than you would if you take the picture while it’s still not dark outside. Upload to your computer. This is what we start with: [click]
- Open in Photoshop, crop, resize to your liking. [click]
- Image » Mode » Grayscale
- I usually do Image » Auto Tone and/or Auto Contrast, but you can skip this step, because you can achieve the same effect with the next one. [click]
- Image » Adjustments » Curves. Use the Curves to make your image brighter, to “clear” it from all the spots and colour differences that appear when you take a photo. I usually have something like this in the end: [click]
- Play a little with Image » Adjustments » Brightness/Contrast if you don’t quite like the result just yet. [click]
- Use Image » Adjustments » Invert if you want a light text on a dark background. [click]
That’s the basic routine. Of course, you can experiment with colours and layers to give it a little texture. I hope it was helpful. :)
for the game of thrones texture pack is there any way to edit what the text says because i love the font i just want to change some of the spacing and stuff
In that case you can just cut certain parts of the texture and then paste them closer to each other or to your linking and it shouldn’t make any difference to most of them since they’re either on a white or on a black background. Something like this: [click]; that’s what you can do with the extra space you don’t need, but instead of leaving it as a they have in the tutorial, you can nudge the pieces close together until you have your desired look. I hope this helped.